Special Education in the Florence Township Public Schools is distinguished by the following characteristics:
• Comprehensive evaluation of a student’s learning and behavioral characteristics;
• Instruction by teachers trained and certified in the education of children with special needs;
• Instruction provided in classes maximizing optimal class size while considering the least restrictive environment;
• Instruction tailored to students’ skills and needs;
• Use of specialized methods, materials and equipment, if necessary, and determined by the IEP team;
• Ongoing monitoring of student’s progress and program with revision, if necessary.
• Provision of related services as determined to be educationally based and outlined in the IEP